TAA: Introducing the New Tobin Data Portal02/14/2018
During April 2017, P2 Energy Solutions migrated from our existing Tobin Data Delivery to our new and improved Tobin Data Portal. We’ve made the transition as transparent as possible with the most obvious changes being to the layout and color scheme – the basic functionality available in the Tobin Data Portal has not changed.
Behind the scenes, the most important changes to the Tobin Data Portal took place. Our original application was built with Silverlight technology, which is no longer supported by most web browsers. Our new Tobin Data Portal has been converted to HTML5, which allows it to run on multiple browsers including Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. This change also allows us to provide a future with a much tighter integration between the Tobin Data Portal and other P2 products – on the web or on a desktop.
Here are some features that have been added to the Tobin Data Portal:
- Measure Tool: Provides the ability to measure length, distance, or area.
- Zoom to Coordinates Tool: Provides the ability to zoom to a latitude/longitude or x/y coordinate pair.
- Zoom to Survey Tool: Provides the ability to zoom to a specific state and county, or to a specific survey within a state and county.
- Query Results – Export to Excel: Provides the ability to export to .XLSX or .CSV files.
- Layer Opacity Tool: Provides an opacity bar for all map service layers to aid in viewing overlapping layers.
If you’re not already using our new Tobin Data Portal, we encourage you to make the switch so that you can take advantage of the new functionality available to you. All you have to do is simply log in and make sure you’re using the ‘New – Tobin Data Portal’, see image below.
For more information or if you have any questions about the Tobin Data Portal, please email us or call 1-844-REACH P2 (1-844-732-2472), option 7.