P2 Opens Registration for ASCEND 2016, Its Largest Customer Event of the Year07/18/2016
ASCEND is where upstream oil and gas professionals gather to network, hear from industry leaders, and sharpen their skills
Registration for ASCEND 2016 is now open!
ASCEND is P2’s largest customer community event, bringing together hundreds of upstream oil and gas professionals every year to network, exchange best practices, acquire new and valuable product skills, hear from industry leaders … and run through a fan tunnel on the last night of the conference to put the finishing touches on everything.
ASCEND really is where professional development, relationship-building, and fun all come together for 72 hours.
This year’s ASCEND, which 95% of previous attendees would recommend to their upstream peers, is set for October 10-12 at the JW Marriott Hill Country hotel in San Antonio, TX. Here’s what we’ve got lined up for our attendees:
- The Platform For Success: That’s the theme of this year’s conference. We went with “The Platform For Success” because we want to show you, our customers, how you can get more value out of your current P2 investments and stretch your operating dollars further.
- Networking Opportunities: This is what one land administration manager told me at last year’s conference: “I like ASCEND for the networking and because it helps me make sure that I’m doing things correctly at work, because things change in this industry from year to year. You always learn something new here.” Enough said.
- 100+ Customer-Driven Presentations: These presentations are designed to arm you with knowledge, tips, and tools that you can apply as soon as you get back to the office.
- 20+ Training Sessions: If you’re wanting to add to your product knowledge and earn some Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits in the process, you’ll definitely want to look into attending one or more of our training sessions, which cover a wide range of P2 solutions.
- One-On-One Time With The Experts: Got a question about your P2 solution(s)? Swing by the P2 Genius Bar to speak one-on-one with one of our customer support consultants and get all of your technical questions answered.
If you’re looking for an extra dose of fun while you’re at the conference, we’ll be hosting a golf tournament at the nearby AT&T Oaks Course for all you linksmen out there. Just be careful, word on the street is that a team with representatives from Energen Resources and Wildhorse Resources was sinking birdie after birdie last year. (Fun fact: The AT&T Oaks Course is where the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open is played every year. Walter Hagen, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, Arnold Palmer, and Ben Crenshaw are among the golf legends who won the Valero Texas Open during their careers).
Oh, and Travel + Leisure magazine recently named San Antonio one of the world’s best places to travel in 2016, so that can’t hurt.
And, as always, we welcome presentation abstracts from those of you who have software tips and best practices that you’d like to share with your P2 peers. If you’re chosen to be a presenter, we’ll waive your cost of registration!
So if you’re an oil and gas professional, are looking to kick your career up a notch, and enjoy fan tunnels, you’re going to want to be in San Antonio in October.
Let the countdown begin!
About The Author
Alex Schultz works on P2’s corporate marketing and communications team. Prior to coming on board at P2, Alex worked as a news and sports reporter in California’s San Joaquin Valley, where he covered everything from local politics and citrus farming to college baseball and senior slowpitch softball leagues. When he’s not writing about the innovative and resilient upstream oil and gas community for P2, you’ll likely find Alex in one of two places: at Folsom Field in Boulder, CO, watching (and usually regretting his decision immediately) a University of Colorado football game, or trying (and usually failing) to hook a rainbow trout from one of Colorado’s mountain streams. Alex holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism from CU-Boulder.